Japan-Korea Partnership Program
Welcome to the website of the Japan-Korea Partnership Program of the LMU Munich Faculty of Law
LMU 뮌헨법대 한-일 파트너십 프로그램 홈페이지에 오신것을 환영합니다
Since 2001, the LMU Munich Faculty of Law has maintained close relations with the Law School of the Ritsumeikan University in Kyoto (Japan) and the School of Law of the Seoul National University (Korea). In 2013, this partnership was expanded with the Faculty of Law of Chuo University, Tokyo (Japan).
Today, there are partnership agreements with the law faculties of the Chuo University and the Seoul National University.
Opportunities for academic staff
Academic staff from the law faculties of the Chuo University and the Seoul National University have the possibility to benefit from the exchange agreements and, after consultation with the Japan-Korea Partnership Program, to undertake visiting research stays at LMU Munich, Faculty of Law. For further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via our contact form. Please visit also LMU's international scholars website.
Opportunities for students
Regular course of study (for up to two semesters)
Undergraduate and graduate students from SNU and Chuo University have the opportunity to apply to study at the LMU for one or two semesters, beginning in the winter or summer semester.
Nomination and application
Applications are submitted directly to the International Office for enrollment at the University. Information regarding nomination, application, arrival, student life and pre-depature can be found on the website of the International Office.
- Admission for the winter semester or for the entire academic year: April 15 (nomination), May 15 (student application)
- Admission for the summer semester: October 15 (nomination), November 15 (student application)
- German: B1 in German is usually required at the time of application for admission; B2 in German is strongly recommended at the time of commencing the studies
- English: B2 is strongly recommended
Students have to select at least 60% of their courses from courses offered by the Faculty of Law; the selection of courses of other faculties / departments is possible. However, confirmation of these faculties / departments may be required.
Further information of the Faculty of Law
For further information of the Faculty of Law, in particular regarding courses, ECTS credits and the Certficate on the Basics of German Law ("Zertifikat über die Grundzüge des deutschen Rechts"), please visit the Faculty's website.
Munich Summer Schools
Undergraduate and graduate students of Chuo University and SNU have the possibility to apply for the Munich Summer Schools:
Graduates from Chuo University and SNU with a law degree have the possibility to apply for both of the Faculty's LL.M. Programs:
- LL.M. Program on the Basics of German Law ("Aufbaustudium in den Grundzügen des Deutschen Rechts", taught in German): Applications are directly submitted to the LL.M. program.
- LL.M.Eur. Program European and International Commercial Law ("Aufbaustudium Europäisches und Internationales Wirtschaftsrecht", taught in German): Applications are directly submitted to the LL.M.Eur. program.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us via our contact form!
For postal inquiries, please use the following address:
Juristische Fakultät der LMU München
Lehrstuhl für Staats- und Verwaltungsrecht
- Japan-Korea Partnerschaftsprogramm -